At ORIENT Class,
we do everything R.I.T.E.
The R.I.T.E Way
Values govern ORIENT Class’ method of operations in an ethical manner. These are qualitative goals which ORIENT Class strives to achieve in all activities.
We are committed to satisfactorily perform and accomplish our assigned task. We are accountable for whatever we say and do.
We shall adhere to the highest standards of conduct and moral behaviour, and maintain the highest level of ethics in all our actions.
We recognize that our strength and our competitive advantage is and will always be People. We will continually learn and share ideas and knowledge. We will encourage cooperative efforts at every levels and across all activities.
We will strive for continual improvement in all that we do. Satisfied stakeholders are essential to our success. We shall achieve total customer satisfaction by understanding what our stakeholders want and to provide what they require.
Classification societies add value to the maritime industry more effectively because they serve the shipping industry as an internal regulatory system.
“The purpose of a Classification Society is to provide classification and statutory services and assistance to the maritime industry and regulatory bodies as regards maritime safety and pollution prevention, based on the accumulation of maritime knowledge and technology.”*
* From the Book- “Classification Societies- their key roles” published by International Association of Classification Societies (IACS)
Safe Ships, Safe Seas
Quality and Safety is one of ORIENT Class core business functions. The delivery of this highest level of quality and safety performance shall be the responsibility of all and at all levels of the organization. We endeavor to continuously provide quality classification and technical advisory services to our stakeholders (communities, government, workforce and strategic partners.)
This policy shall be realized through:
- Understanding the expectations of our stakeholders on quality and safety.
- Complying with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Designing effective and efficient quality and safety management systems and establishing a proactive hazards identification and risk management processes, to eliminate or mitigate safety risks associated with our activities.
- Providing adequate resources and highly competent personnel to support the implementation of the management system;
- Regularly evaluating and reviewing the results of implementation of the management system through management processes that ensure the relevant quality and safety action has been taken and is effective
- Continually improving the management system with innovations.
It is our policy to constantly review and, wherever possible improve our operating safety and quality procedures, considering the cost effectiveness of the services we provide.
This Safety and Quality policy has been communicated to all personnel to ensure their accurate and unequivocal understanding to ascertain their commitment to quality and safety.